SIMCOE COUNTY DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
The Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) and The Centre for Family Initiatives at Pine River Institute (CFI@PRI) are hosting a multi-part learning series focused on student mental health and well-being for SCDSB families, staff and within SCDSB’s broader school communities.
Sessions for parents/guardians
- Nov. 23, 2021 – Parenting for positive mental health (part 1)
- Nov. 30, 2021 – Parenting for positive mental health (part 2)
- Jan. 25, 2022 – Understanding and managing screen time
- March 29, 2022 – Connection and empathy in response to behaviour
- May 19, 2022 – Understanding addiction and addictive behaviours
Register online for the parent/guardian sessions.
Sessions for community members
- Dec. 7, 2021 – Understanding addiction and risky behaviours through a developmental lens
- Feb. 3, 2021 – Working with family systems through a developmental lens
- April 4, 2021 – The Parallel Process – encouraging parental participation for positive outcomes
Register online for the community member sessions.
The SCDSB and Pine River Institute (PRI) have committed to work together to support student mental health and well-being to SCDSB families, staff and within its school communities. In November 2021 the two organizations signed a Memorandum of Understanding setting out a three-year partnership and working agreement. More information about the partnership and the learning series is available on the SCDSB website.
PRI is a live-in treatment centre and outdoor leadership experience for youth aged 13 to 19 struggling with addictive behaviours and often other mental health issues. Combining therapy with a fully-accredited education program, PRI reinforces the healthy life skills required for a successful future. CFI@PRI extends PRI’s knowledge, experience and evidence-informed treatment approach to families and care providers in the community to support youth mental wellness and prevent the need for more intensive interventions. Learn more about PRI by visiting their website at www.pineriverinstitute.com.