If you’re searching for unique dinner ideas to mix up your weekly menu,
look no further than chickpea and Japanese sweet potato burgers. This
recipe makes six medium-sized patties that can be served with a healthy side
salad — no bun needed!
Chickpea and Japanese Sweet Potato Burgers
• 1 can low-sodium of chickpeas (15-ounce), drained and rinsed
• 2 chopped Japanese sweet potatoes
• 2 tablespoons of high-heat oil like grapeseed oil
• 1/4 cup of almond milk
• 1 medium, peeled and grated, carrot
• 1 cup of spinach, chopped
• 1/4 cup of roasted or fresh, red or yellow bell pepper, chopped
• 1/4 cup of chopped scallions
• 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon of onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1/4 cup of flaxseed meal
• 1 optional egg
Drain and rinse chickpeas. Clean sweet potatoes and chop into small cubes.
Add 1/2 of the oil to skillet on medium heat, then add chickpeas and sweet
potatoes; cook 4-5 minutes.
Add almond milk and stir. Lower heat slightly, cover, and simmer for 10-15
In the meantime, peel and grate carrot, and chop spinach, bell pepper,
scallions, and parsley.
Pour cooked chickpea mixture into medium bowl, then add carrot, spinach,
bell pepper, and scallions. Add parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, black
pepper, and flaxseed meal. Add egg, if desired. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Form mixture into 6 patties.
Add rest of oil to skillet and heat on medium-high heat. Put patties on
skillet, cook 3-4 minutes, flip, and cook another 3-4 minutes. Serve and
Browse an entire library of healthy recipes